651 East 25th Street
Hialeah, Florida 33013
Bariatric Surgery Services
- Gastric Bypass: malabsorptive procedure that constructs a pathway from the stomach to the small intestine to avoid nutrient and caloric absorption.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: restrictive procedure that removes a large portion of the lower stomach, creating a long, tubular structure to limit food intake.
- Adjustable Gastric Band: also known as LAP-BAND®, the procedure involves placing an adjustable band around the top part of the stomach to create a small pouch for food.
- Bariatric Revision Surgery: a revision procedure may take place if the initial surgery was not a success or an alternative procedure is optimal.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
Our comprehensive approach to weight loss can help you achieve your weight loss goals and help you live a healthier life. Health conditions that may resolve or improve with weight loss surgery include:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Joint pain
- Fatty liver
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss (Bariatric) Surgery?
Qualifications for weight loss surgery include:
- Your BMI is 40 or higher.
- Your BMI is 35 or higher and you also suffer from one or more health problems such as type II diabetes or hypertension.
- Your BMI is between 30 and 35 and you also have significant weight induced comorbidities.
- You have been overweight for more than 5 years.
- Your serious attempts to lose weight have had only short-term success.
- You do not have any other disease that may have caused your obesity.
- You are prepared to make substantial changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
- You do not drink alcohol in excess.
Weight loss and health benefits vary from patient-to-patient. Consult with your physician about the benefits and risks of weight loss surgery.